Saturday, June 6, 2009

Summer's Here

Gosh, where has the time gone? On my path to self sustainment, I've started a garden and gotten chickens. Of course, we got chicks and it'll be August before we get any eggs from them, so I turned around and got two adult hens so I can have eggs. We are now up to two dozen eggs in the fridge and can't eat them fast enough. I'm going to boil the batch of them and made salad and deviled eggs for the fundraiser next weekend.



And why would I be hosting a fundraiser? Because we took on another horse. We're actually fostering her for Heart Land Horse Rescue. She's an 8 year old, 16h Thoroughbred mare named Rojero. I'm going to change the name, but I don't know what I'm going to change it to just yet.








Matt's back to work at his old firm. It's not truly full time, but they aren't taking taxes out either so it's almost the same take home pay. I'm worried about what it will mean come tax time. I change my deductions at work so more will be taken out and I'm putting money aside whenever possible. We're starting to pull out ahead. I've also gotten back to paying down the credit cards. I hope to have them all paid off in three years. I hope it works out because I will be so glad when I am done with them.


Matt has also gotten into the handy man business. He built me a chicken coop and then had another lady call asking for one. Now all of her neighbors want one. Bat houses will be next. I have to have something to combat these
mosquitoes.







No comments: