Sunday, October 26, 2008

Wow, I haven't posted in a while

You know, I think if I could post during the day that this blog would be much more interesting to read. As it is, by the time I can consider writing everything thought in my head has gone to sleep for the night. I always have the most wonderful things to write about during the day, mostly my opinions on things which of course I find wonderful and most other people find highly offensive. Oh well, can't please everyone.

Today is one of those days that's pretty boring really. We slept in because we were up so late last night with our Halloween party. I wish I would have spend less time cooking and decorating and more time cleaning. We only had three people come to the party, one of whom was a neighbor from across the street whose first time seeing the inside of our house was with a sink full of dirty dishes and junk piled on the counter tops. I made cookies, but never iced them. Never even started on the cupcakes. Made Carmel apples, but never refrigerated them. Then no one ate them anyway. But we still had fun. We stayed up late just chatting and hanging out. Matt and I dressed as Frankenstein's monster and his bride. I actually did get my hair to stand up on end (kind of). I'll update with pictures later. The bolts refused to stay on Matt's neck and then his green paint kept dripping from his sweat, so he wiped it off. He looked pretty funny with only half of his face green. Bonnie and Dave came dressed as pirates. I truly admire Bonnie's mom. She made her a fantastic pirate costume in only a week. I of course forgot to get pictures. Hopefully they'll wear them again next Friday and I can get pictures then.

The rest of today has been spend cleaning out the cupboard because I've discovered that our weevil infestation didn't go away as easily as I had hoped. I've thrown out a lot of food, most of which was expired anyway. I'm now repackaging everything in hard plastic and glass jars. It's a pain, but at least then everything should be safe, unless it already has bugs in it. Then I won't risk them spreading to the rest of the food. Plus it will probably keep a lot of food fresh for longer and be easier to organize since the jars can stack on each other. I just wish it wasn't taking so long. The weather is finally cooling off and suddenly I'm in the mood to clean the house. It's a beautiful day to go riding, but I know that if I don't clean now, it'll never get done after the mood passes.

Pippen is such a momma's boy. I'm sitting in here and all he wants me to do is pet him. He doesn't want anything to do with anyone else, but he wants me to pet him all day long. Go figure. My children are spoiled. He's also a spaz. He's taken to leaping as far up the door jam as possible and slidding back down. It's pretty funny because all you hear is a thump and you see him with his paws wrapped around the door jam and a wild look in his eyes. Ok, I better go now. I have a roast to get started and more organizing to do. Joy.

No comments: