Thursday, July 31, 2008

Where Does All the Money Go

Well, Rena is going to have to come home this weekend. Her training isn't finished, but I'm going to keep taking her over for lessons on Saturdays. I hope that I'll have the money again soon to put her back into training, but it just isn't in the cards right now. Maybe after my Shure Pets business takes off. It seems that going into the hospital took a greater toll on my budget than I anticipated. I still have medical bills that need paid, but a lot of my savings is gone. We're still above water, no worries there. Thankfully, hubby and I have good jobs. I just wish they were closer to home so that so much of our budget didn't get into gas. My car gets good gas mileage, but we are still spending about $150 a week on gasoline. That is insane. Figured I'd add a few photos, even if they are old. These are Christmas photos I took back in 2005. Check out those dapples! Such a pretty girl.

We have also started Western Pleasure lessons on Maverick and Lilly. I need to get some updated pictures of them. They are looking really good. I know, I am really slacking off on the pictures. I was doing so good too. Anywho, Matt has been riding Lilly and I've been riding Maverick. I guess I can't ignore Mavericks issues any more. He's coming along nicely though. I need to see about getting a lesson Sunday. We've been doing a lot of round pen work. He's moving really nicely at the walk and trot, but then the canter is like riding a run away freight train. Tuesday's ride was much better and he was even getting better about picking up the canter. Man, is that boy lazy. Plus he hasn't quite made the connection between canter and getting his butt underneath him, so his canter is pretty rough. I have to hold his head up in an attempt to shift his weight back. It's coming together, it's just a slow process. It would be great if it would stop raining for more than two days in a row so I could get some real riding time in on him.

I had my first Shure Pets party. I was actually the hostess, since I still haven't gotten any of my friends to do a party. It was fun. I made way too much food and then we only had half the people show who I was expecting. I was exhausted by the time everyone went home. Hubby was literally having to take my clothes off for me. I guess this is what a crash feels like after an adrenaline high. I did get a few bookings out of it though. And I found out that Brooksville is now doing Farmer's Markets every Saturday morning, so I am going to try to get a spot next weekend and start peddling my goods.

And now to wrap this up, just a few pictures of my fur-kids. Woody got his first peanut butter jar. As you can see, he was quite content with himself. I had to lock Greta in the bedroom to prevent any fights from breaking out. And Greta on her favorite spot in the house, curled up with her teddy bear. And last but not least, one of the amazing critters we have hanging around outside. Isn't he beautiful? It's just killing me that I still haven't started the process for getting my falconry license. I am determined to join the fraternity in January, I swear.

No comments: